As part of his 'grot spot' campaign, Alex has pressed for CBC and GCC to address local eyesores including potholes, blocked drains and overgrown hedges.
Following Alex's reports since the last update, the councils have:
- Resurfaced Bath Road (pictured above)
- Resurfaced Sandford Road
- Resurfaced Robert Burns Avenue
- Removed abandoned CityFibre barriers
- Agreed to remove graffiti from Welcome Gym and Town Centre East Car Park and stairwell
- Removed a dead rat (!!) from the Strand
- Agreed to remove graffiti from St James' Square
- Agreed to resurface Margrett Road Cheltenham (27.02.23)
- Agreed to resurface Orchard Avenue Cheltenham (28.03.23)
- Agreed to resurface Selkirk Street Cheltenham (01.03.23 - 03.03.23)
- Agreed to resurface Pittville Circus Road Cheltenham (01.03.23 - 07.03.23)
Alex will be meeting with the Highways Department later this month to report further roads that require attention.
If you see any problem areas in the town, please send details to Alex (email@example.com) and he will raise them with CBC and GCC.
Alex is also encouraging constituents to submit feedback to CBC's graffiti policy consultation. You can do so by clicking HERE.